Saturday, July 5, 2014

My Kingdom For A Door


Hotels are sexy as hell. I think we can all agree on that. Whether it's the change of scenery and routine or the lack of responsibilities, I'm not sure, but there's nothing that will get a person feeling amorous faster than a stay in a hotel. It's a scientifically-proven fact.

Of course, all of this is true until a married person has kids. I mean, whose idea was it to have the whole family sleep in one room with no privacy? Where's the door? Unless you can afford a suite, you're all crammed in one room the entire time. 

Can you remember romantic getaways with your spouse before having kids? I can't. We just got back from a nice, relaxing vacation. We stayed in a hotel steps from the Pacific. By "we" I mean the Missus and I and our 7 year old. It was all sand, sun, water, swimsuits, and the ocean. Did I mention the lack of privacy?

I adore my son. I really do. I love vacationing with him. I love playing in the waves and building sandcastles with him. I also love the Missus and wouldn't have minded having some one-on-one time with her. All I can say is, my kingdom for a door.

If you have any clever tricks up your sleeve to get around this door issue, don't be shy about sharing them. I'm all ears...

9 comments:

  1. No suggestions, but would be all ears to here if you do find anyway around this out here. But am gal for the most part you had a great vacation ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does get better eventually. Twin daughters are now 19 & wouldn't be seen dead on holiday with their parents! Just back from 5 nights in Paris with Mr A, our first holiday without the kids in 19 years.
    Don't you have any relatives you could bribe into looking after the 7-yr old for a few nights?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So there is light at the end of the tunnel?

      Delete
  3. We recently booked a suite with an adjoining room for the grown kids (and the oldest son's wife). They were so excited to have the family all together that they kept coming over to our room anyway, and outlasted us on sleep every single night (our room had the big gathering space). Even a door doesn't help, Justin. hahahahhaa #StillLovingtheFam :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A long shower during an episode of Spongebob?! We were lucky enough once to get bumped to a suite with 2 rooms and a lovely door in between. Of course Captain Frugal wouldn't PAY for a door, but he'll take the upgrade. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didn't you once mention a NyQuil smoothie? Could have sworn that was you...

    ReplyDelete