Thursday, April 3, 2014

Birds Of A Feather: All Thumbs And None Of Them Green Part 2

IMG_0908

Spring has sprung in our neck of the woods and suddenly I'm a poet. I quote A.A. Milne and say, "She turned to the sunlight and shook her yellow head, and whispered to her neighbor: 'Winter is dead"'. I'm full of song too. Flowers are blooming. Birds are singing. You get the picture. Speaking of birds, I always want birds to nest here, but they never do. Until this year. I don't know why they haven't before now. We don't have a cat. I've planted lots of trees. What's the problem? Anyway, excitement was running high around here in anticipation of the babies finally hatching. So, spring is here and I'm really happy to go with it.

IMG_0905



13 comments:

  1. Yay to spring and we had a nest built on the side of our house last year. Was very exciting and we too couldn't wait for the eggs to hatch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is exciting! Hopefully they will come back to your house this year!

      Delete
  2. The baby birds grow so fast. We get a set every year in the tree right out front.

    I bet your son will enjoy watching the progress, and then hearing the little cheeps. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is loving it, Rosey! He is also learning to be quiet around the nest!

      Delete
  3. I love the chirping of the birds. My cats go crazy at the window. They are indoor cats so nothing ever comes of their instincts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the chirping is cool! Especially when the nest is no where near my bedroom window! It's funny that you mentioned cats because I am obsessed with chasing away any cats I see in the vicinity- even if they are across the street. I'm sure the neighbors are talking.

      Delete
  4. Be happy that they chose a decent location, at my house they decided to move in to the bathroom exhaust vent. I had to duct tape the switch down so that no one would turn it on by accident and then have to try to poop while bird-icide was occurring. I must say though that it was quite nice to pee to the sound of baby birds chirp chirping away. Good luck with your flock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny! It's always an adventure when wildlife is involved, isn't it?

      Delete
  5. Congrats! May you not get pooped on by the little chickies~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I try to remember not to stand too close (or underneath)!

      Delete
    2. Wise of you:)

      Thank you for the visit in my blog, Justin.I remember Ensenada well, being that my first trip to Mexico.Dodgy streets to cross with your life-lol.

      Delete
  6. Our 5-year-old would LOVE this, Justin. I'd guess it's the relative shelter and warmth the soffit provides versus exposed tree branches? Keep us posted on the wee one's arrival. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, and I'm sure living on southern California means they can get an earlier start!

      Delete