Sunday, February 2, 2014

"Bad Dad" by Derek Munson, Author of "Enemy Pie"

Disclosure: I received a copy of this book to facilitate the review.  All opinions stated are genuine and my own.
Derek Munson's new book, Bad Dad, is a must-read for teachers and parents alike. Let's face it: Dads have a different way of doing things and that sometimes means making messes, getting into trouble, and having some non-mom-approved fun!
 
Here's a bit about the book from Amazon: 
Uh oh! Looks like Dad is in trouble again! The library books are overdue. The kids are late for school. And the last cookie is missing from the cookie jar. Again. And somehow, Dad always seems to be in the middle of it all. But is he really all that bad? 
 
Of course, he isn't! In addition to the fun story, this book is full of beautiful illustrations. My students really enjoyed and commented on the pictures depicting the various predicaments "Bad Dad" finds himself in. This book continues the tradition, started with Enemy Pie, of celebrating dads and kids! What's not to like? 
 
This book will be released on February 28th, and can be preordered now! Amazon says the intended audience is kindergarten through second grade, but my fourth graders loved it too!
 
Below, you can enter to win a copy of this book and a $25 Amazon Gift eCard! 
 

10 comments:

  1. This book sounds like such a fun read and my husband would agree about dads getting in trouble quite often. But seriously, entered and hope I win now! Thanks Justin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your husband will love reading this to your girls!

      Delete
  2. I love the difference dads bring to the plate in parenting, just like I'm sure dads love what we moms bring. No way my son would have has much fun with me rolling around and playing dead in a Nerf war, nor would I hide as well on a mission for sneak attack. ;) I love that there's a book out embracing the mom/dad differences. Entered and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you 100%! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  3. I agree about the messes, and the cover art looks super cute, I bet your son loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jes! It won't be long before your little guy will love this book too!

      Delete
  4. I adore the book Enemy Pie and Dads don't get recognized enough for their great wisdom, right? Can't wait to read this one and see how it turns out!
    Deb at Fabulously First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're absolutely right! We love Enemy Pie around here too and are so glad to have another one of his books!

      Delete