Thursday, January 16, 2014

Things That Make Me Happy


  1. Christmas coming.
  2. Christmas being over.
  3. Holding my wife's hand when we are at church together.
  4. The smell of donuts on a lazy morning (even if I am the one who ran out to get them).
  5. My family being warm and cozy while the cold wind howls outside our house.
  6. Seeing my son's face when I pick him up from school or when he wakes up.
  7. Leaving the house on the first morning of fall when there's a snap in the air.
  8. My son's feet not reaching the floor when he is sitting at the kitchen table.
  9. Cold strawberry Kool-aid on a hot day.
  10. Typing away on my computer while my Shih Tzus snooze next to me.
  11. Starbucks.
  12. Naps (morning, lunch time, early afternoon, late afternoon- any time!).
  13. My son being fed, bathed, read to, and peacefully sleeping in his bed.
  14. A FULL tank of gas.
  15. Seeing this when I walk outside my classroom door:

What makes you happy?

8 comments:

  1. Awesome list. I so love the smell of donuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thank you! I think I'll head for the donut shop right now to think about why my pants are so tight! :)

      Delete
  2. Can't help, but love your list too and that phot of the rainbow at the end, absolutely gorgeous and priceless, too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little things that make us happy. Thanks for "sharing life's simple pleasures".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It we don't let the little things make us happy, we'd be in a heap of trouble, Joanne! Have a great day!

      Delete
  4. What a great list!! I like the little one's feet not quite reaching the floor too, all too soon they're reaching them and then some. :)

    Cool rainbow to end your work day with, & even cooler that you got a pic. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rosey! You're right! His feet seem to get closer to the floor daily!

      Delete