Sunday, January 27, 2013

Things You Shouldn’t Say To Your Wife When She Has P.M.S. And A Stun Gun Part I

IMG_9237


I'd like to think that I am getting wiser and not just older, but then I say or do things that prove otherwise. For example, after being married a while, you'd assume I have gotten better at bringing up delicate subjects with the Missus. You'd be wrong. For example, take maybe casually suggesting there’s a slight chance that it might possibly be a good idea to take a Midol.

I know. Not such a brilliant move, right? This was very early on in our marriage and ten years later she's gotten over it. Sort of. We have an agreement in place now that I can very sweetly ask (in an apologetic whisper) if a "W Pill" would make her feel better. This works fairly well. Where did the "W" come from? Well, if you turn an "M" upside down it becomes a "W". Apparently this is a much less offensive letter of the alphabet.

IMG_9234-001
In any event, to make sure I don't repeat this husband blunder, I have labeled the Midol "W Pill" bottle to serve as a reminder (and a warning) against ever saying "Midol" again. Cringe.
IMG_9259-001

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Lisa! I'm glad my pain makes you smile! Kidding! Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh man, you should read my PMS related post that I wrote while PMSing. Posting it on Tuesday and my poor husband has to put up with this too once a month. Loved your humor though on this and believe me when I say we can't help ourselves though. Weak defense, but oh so true!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janine! Looking forward to your PMS post. Are you stocked up with Mid... I mean "W" pills? Truthfully, the Missus rarely makes it obvious that she has P.M.S. She is pretty mellow really. I don't know how you ladies do it. I'd be in bed and call in sick every month until I ran out of sick days and eventually got fired.

      Delete
  3. Oh Justin, your post almost made me wet my pants.... ladies, another joy of motherhood after pregnancy..... In our 6th year of marriage, as Justin stated, he recommended I take the said "offending pills" due to blindingly painful cramps. He had no idea about the connotation behind the pills... until I told him in no uncertain terms that I WOULD NEVER EVER TAKE A MIDOL! THOSE ARE CRAZY LADY PILLS! (Sounding like a complete crazy lady myself) Then, noticing there was an "M" stamped on the pills he had purchased for me, he {sweetly} offered to rename them "w" pills if I would just "try" them to see if they helped.... and they did help... I love this man. I really do.
    Teacher to the Core

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could be worse - she could be in complete denial about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! She actually has a sense of humor about it. Really.

      Delete
  5. You are a brave man. A very brave man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BWAHAHAHAHA!!! This is HILARIOUS!!! I ask my husband the EXACT same question sometimes....and often with the same, not-so-great results!!

    Michelle
    The 3AM Teacher
    Visit My FB Page

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle! We're all on a learning curve! :)

      Delete